Smart Collect™ Release Note 5.0.0
Velocity Smart Collect™ 5.0.0 is a major release that introduces a new device to our range as well as new features within the existing functionality areas and improvements across the entire application scope.
5.0.0 Release Contents
New Device Ranges
- Velocity Smart Collect™ has extended the range of compatible devices with Smart Vending series.
- The new devices support the full spectrum of Velocity Smart Collect™ application functionalities
- The entire Velocity device range is CE and UL certified
- General Enhancements
- Agent Workspace integration – the incident break/fix capabilities have been made available through the dedicated Agent Workspace interface
- Configurable default behavior to determine if a user is directed towards standard vs Smart Locker fulfilment
- Standardized SCTASK state and annotations behavior based on associated locker request outcomes
- Renamed all application variables in all script references for consistency and proactive avoidance of collisions with customized ServiceNow environments
- Improved visibility and accessibility of the Velocity Support Portal
- Advanced filters on the stock page are now hidden by default for a better UI experience and can be expanded by a dedicated button on the form
- Email notifications style consistency review to improve user experience
- New email notification added to the existing off-the-shelf collection – 60+ notifications
- Improved annotation messages for major use cases
- An improved reconciliation summary has been added on the stock page to better visualize the selected locker’s number of available cells per various sizes
- New UI button on the Locker Request form allows agents to cancel Locker Orders (Stock, Order, Return, Parcel Deposit) when the fulfilment flow needs to be interrupted manually
- Ability to fetch a failed vending QR code image
- Improved consistency of user criteria required for vending code registration
- New info/error messages to eliminate silent failures to execute the locker fulfilment flow when conditions are not met
- Improved locker return flow sequence
- Improved experience for bundled items
- Improved agent experience on the Smart Collect Portal stock page with intuitive color-coding
- Miscellaneous fixes
Casia Series Vending
An innovative dispensing and control solution for IT peripheral supplies and other consumables. This range is composed of different modules which can dispense multiple products to satisfy customer needs. Rather than traditional coils, the Casia-Series use a belt-driven dispensing mechanism and a flexible setup which allows channel and partition repositioning without tools. This enables easy on-site reconfiguration of items to be dispensed.
About Velocity Smart Collect™
Velocity Smart Collect™ is the world’s first ServiceNow app to control Smart Lockers and access to IT equipment directly from ServiceNow ITSM. Velocity Smart Collect™ extends ServiceNow’s reach beyond digital workflow into physical workflow for the first time, enabling ServiceNow ITSM to seamlessly control and manage Velocity’s industry leading range of Smart Lockers and Smart Vending solutions. This enables organisations to offer their employees controlled, auditable access to the equipment they need, when they need it, 24/7, at a fraction of the cost of traditional fulfilment methods, while improving the employee service experience.
Velocity Smart Collect™ has met the high standards of the ServiceNow Built on Now Program, an app monetization framework designed to recognize partners with proven ServiceNow expertise that creates value for our customers across industries.
About Velocity Smart Technology
Velocity Smart Technology is designed from the ground up to deliver the most effective Lockers and Smart Vending solution for Enterprise IT that integrates seamlessly to your existing services, which is why we built it on ServiceNow . We’re proud to be the Worlds first ServiceNow fully integrated Smart Locker and Smart Vending solution that finally delivers on the promise to Save you time, Save you money and Improve your service.
Smart Collect™, Velocity Smart Locker™, Velocity Smart Vending™, are registered trademarks of Velocity Smart Technology ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries.
ServiceNow, the ServiceNow logo, Now, Now Platform, and other ServiceNow marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
To find out how to implement this new release for your ServiceNow platform click the link below to contact Velocity Smart Applications support.